Welcome

Welcome

dinsdag 25 november 2014

My cameras and why I love them

A blog about photography isn't a blog about photography without a post about cameras. I'm not going to go technical and theoretical and al that stuff. I just want to show you the cameras I work with. I got 2 cameras. Well if I'm not picky I have 3 cameras. That is if I want to count my phone. But unfortunately I am picky about my cameras, so I'm not going to count my phone. It's a phone, and I know you can do a lot with a phone these days. But unless you have a expensive phone with a 5 megapixel camera, which I don't have, I don't see a phone as a camera. Yes, this is me not being technical.

Anyway, back to my cameras. I got a small digital camera from Samsung. I have that little red thing for a couple of years now and I still love it. I was a snapshot kind of girl, like most of us I guess, so it was perfect for it. The amazing thing about small digital cameras is that you can practically have it on you 24/7. It's simple to use and it has funny filters you can use to make your photo extra special. This camera has 16 megapixels and a 5x optical zoom. Photo on the left: my little red thing (camera). I started photography with it and followed the workshops I did with this camera. The photo on the right is a photo I took with my little digital camera. Its a photo by night, taken in Antwerp city with the filter 'negative'. It means that it gives you the negative image. Like the negatives people had from analog cameras. 














My second camera is ever so slightly bigger. It was a way to early birthday present from my mum (love her) and a steel. You have to know that I'm not a person that wants everything in the latest model. So this camera was on sale because a new model was arriving. Me, I was just ecstatic because I got a reflex camera.  It's a glorious Canon 600D, rhymes with lucky me.
In the kit there where 2 lenses. A standard 18 -55 mm and a 50mm with fixed focus point. See photo below.
I love this camera. I photograph in the manual stand. That means I can control everything from ISO over the lens opening or the diaphragm to the closing time. It's hard work to do it right and I'm still learning but I do like to be in control of my photo. The photo below on the left is also taken in Antwerp, by day. The first time I was out with my new camera experimenting.
The photo on the right is me in action.  Focused on my next shot.

                                                                  

Enjoy Photography 
      Caroline

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten