Welcome

Welcome

donderdag 8 januari 2015

Play Eat Sleep and Love like Kids

Everywhere I go I see kids. It's not that I look for them, they just draw my attention. Kids have a playfulness even when they have something to worry about. I know out of my personal experience that the saying 'kids have no care in the world' is not true. Kids deal with it differently. They grief, they care and they worry too. But not all the time. Kids still have the ability to put the heartache beside them and play. I'm not talking about kids that live on the street or in other difficult situations. Those kids can't play anymore, that are adults not kids. And that breaks my heart.
As adults we can learn a lot from kids. Kids view the world differently and that view we loose as adults. Kids want to learn, experience and grow. As adults we are stuck in are ways not willing to see an other truth. The honesty, purity and the ability of kids to put a smile on someone's face just because they are there makes the world a more special place. For kids alone we need to fight to make the world better. We shouldn't want that are kids end up with our mess, while the bring us so much joy.

I always wanted to work with kids, it's sad that I couldn't finish my studies. I told you that I stopped
because I wanted to focus on photography and that is true. I needed to stop too, because the stress and pressure of the work and the internships were making me sick. I'm still a social worker my studies were focused on family and kids, but I know with my health I can't do the job. And that too breaks my heart. I always wanted to help kids. I wanted to better their living situations when it's not what is should be. Now I hope I can do that with photography. I have a project with Edwin, the photographer that introduced me to photography. It's called 'the world through the eyes of a child'. We want to help adults, so the get back in touch with there inner child. So adult can learn again to see the magic that a kid always sees around him. I hope we can help kids too. When we remind an adult about their inner child maybe they know again what the fight is for.

I have some photos I want to share with you, these photos were the beginning of the idea for our project. Children are fragile to photograph, a lot of things happened in our collective pasts make us protective of children. That is a good thing, but maybe also the reason why we need a project like mine. If you are reading this and you have a location in your mind where we can shout let me know in the comments below. Thank you!





















Enjoy Photography
and
Dream like a Child

Caroline

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten