Welcome

Welcome

maandag 5 januari 2015

The Scary Canals of Amsterdam

A couple of weeks ago, still in december, I went to Amsterdam with a friend. She won an overnight stay in the Amsterdam Dungeon and I volunteered to come with her. It was the scariest night I had in a long time. And one of the funniest too. We started with the normal tour in the Dungeon. I couldn't help it, but I screamed more then once during that tour. Then we got dinner and a glimpse behind the scenes. We discovered that the Dungeon was a church. 400 skeletons of people that where buried there, are still there. Some of the graves were open and we could see the skeletons lying there. We played some games and gatekeepers told us a story. We thought we would end the night with the horror movie we saw (so happy we got snacks, I wouldn't survived the movie without them). But no, we gotten another tour in the Dungeon, now it was us telling the story. I can honestly say a lot more screams followed after that first tour (and a lot more giggles too).  One of the girls of our group got lost, not to worry she was an actrice, planned to keep us up al night. But that didn't work. I slept pretty well. After breakfast, the actrice that was 'found' and some media attention we got released.

Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take photos. It's just an fun event I wanted to share. But... my time in Amsterdam couldn't end without a very touristy boat tour over the Canals. Of that I have photos. I have some other photos from are walk in Amsterdam that morning, too. I took the photos with my little red camera. A lot of photos didn't work because of the glass reflection but I do have some good ones too. Some I changed form color to black and white. I must say I glad we did some other things in Amsterdam before taking the train home. It is such a beautiful city, ideal for walks and bike rides. There is so much history and culture. So lots to see and lots to do for a tourist.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 



Enjoy Photography

Caroline  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten