Welcome

Welcome

donderdag 1 januari 2015

A Happy New Year with Fireworks

A new year has started. We get a blank canvas to write new memories and 365 days to make this year unforgettable. The feeling of a new beginning is exciting and daunting at the same time. I always get nervous wen a new year starts. I don't like it wen everything is unpredictable. So many expectations and dreams and a whole year to fulfill them is stressful. A new year is full with curveballs that can throw you out of balance. I sometimes wish I had a crystal ball so I could know what is coming. But at the same time a new year gives new people, possibilities and fresh ideas I want to be surprised by. I know those two things are not to combine, but that is just me. I want to know everything and still I want to be surprised. So I wish this year for predictable curveballs and surprising possibilities.

An old year is ended and a new year is started by the same thing: fireworks. It closes the circle completely and makes it perfectly round. I love fireworks, the colors and the shapes. So with my new passion found in 2014 I wanted to begin 2015 with captioning fireworks with my camera. It's trickier then I thought it would be. I started prepping in the afternoon. I putted my tripod before my window, angled it the way I wanted and made shore that the right settings where in my camera. I couldn't wait for the clock to turn to midnight so I could start photographing.

Boy, was I wrong. I got so flustered, fireworks where everywhere and I wanted to photograph it all. That was the bad thing to do. Because I couldn't predict where the fireworks would come first, I ignored my settings and changed them. So no good photo came out of that. That I calmed down. I focused on one spot, I tried to get my settings right again and I waited. Now I could see when to press my release button and get an amazing shot. To bad I figured it out to late. My good shot was my last at once. No more fireworks from that spot and no more fireworks I could see. They were to far and the only thing I could see was the sky lighting up. I changed my settings again, right this time. I was just in time to shoot the trajectory from a Japanese wishing lantern. The trajectory ended up on 2 photos so I combined the two for a better picture. Well I can say that, for me, 2015 started with a learning experience. The only thing I can hope for is that this was a good beginning and that I would learn so much more in 2015.

ISO 6400  F/5  1/60s
One of the photos where I was doing everything wrong. This one
come out pretty descent (thank you Photoshop)

ISO 6400  F/5  1/60s
Same thing as above.

ISO 6400  F/5  1/20s
To early and the wrong settings.

ISO 200 F/8 10s
Finely the right settings, a little to late. But still a combined photo
from the trajectory of a Japanese wishing lantern. 

ISO 800 F/14 10s
Almost the right settings, but the only good shot of the fireworks last night.


Enjoy Photography
and
Happy New Year

Caroline


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten