Welcome

Welcome

zondag 8 februari 2015

Experimenting in the studio

I love to do new things. I love to learn about new things and I love to experience new things. For me it's al about growing and evolving. I don't like it when I have the feeling I'm standing in the same place for to long. I want to move forward in everything I do. So when I have the opportunity to grow and learn I take it with both hands. What I did last Friday night was a new thing for me. Because somebody from my photo group wants to open up his house for us, we moved our evaluation moment to an other day. This way we had a chance to try some studio photography in the rented room above a pub.

I didn't know what to expect. Nobody of us really knew what to expect. The only thing that was told to us was to bring our macro lens, our tripod and a flashlight. That's it. One girl from my group brought some fake flowers, I was happy to see that. Our group leader brought some other stuff. We had garlic, dried flowers, marbles and glass figurines. We all got a dark gray sheet of paper and there were some white paper sheets too. All the rest was up to us and our imagination. I have to admit it was a struggle.  Making a good and balanced composition was hard to do. Some of us had a really good time and couldn't stop at the end, others had no idea how to begin. I was both actually. In the beginning I had no idea how to begin, so I just started doing something and hoped that it would work. At the end I didn't want to stop because I wanted to do more.

The challenge was to make to dark gray paper look black. So we had to find the right settings to do so. For me that was ISO 400, F/7,1 and 1/20s. I tried some other settings to, but the photos on this setting worked best. I tell you honestly that I did some work in Photoshop to make my photos pop more. I also cropped some photos so the composition would work better. I'm definitely going to try this again at home with some of my personal stuff. Here are my best photos of my experiments in the studio.

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 





Enjoy Photography

Caroline 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten