Welcome

Welcome

donderdag 5 februari 2015

Staring at the sun going up and down

It snowed again. I know I can't complain. Compared to North East of North America, the snow in Belgium is livable. Although it also disrupts our lives, I'm happy that I don't have to live with a meter and more snow. So taking the risk of sounding like a spoiled little brad: I want spring and I want warmth. Like I wrote in the colors of fall our almost gone I'm not made for winter. So I'm not going to write about that. I'm going to write about the one thing I know we all miss. And even though we might se her once and a while. It's not the same. I'm going the write about the sun. And not just the sun, no, it's going to be about the most beautiful thing the sun can do. It's going to be about the sunset and sunrise.

The sunrise makes us aware that a new day is coming. With that new day, there are new chances and new beginnings. In spring and definitely in summer, seeing the sunrise is for the early birds. But I know, when travelling, it's something that is well worth coming out of bed for. The end of the day is not that hard to watch. You don't have to climb out of bed with puffy eyes and a bad mood to be able to see the sunset. But it doesn't change the fact it's still worth it. Being a traveler I had the chance to see a lot of beautiful sunrises and sunsets. I hiked to special places to watch her go down, I woke up way to early to see her coming up. I saw the strongest and toughest man watching the sun go up or down with a childlike stare. I saw couples make up a fight and falling back in love because of it. The sunrise and sunset is a gift of nature. It's free and accessible for everybody.

I love the colors that go together with a sunset or sunrise. The sky gets pink and purple or orange and fiery red. It's like you give a child a chance to color the sky in his favorite colors. Sometimes the colors are so bright you think it's not even possible. But it seems that in nature everything is possible. A thing that is harder to do is taking a beautiful photo of the sunset or sunrise. Because the differences in light it's hard to get a good balance. With a digital camera you have a setting just to photograph sunsets or sunrises. That setting brings out the colors of the sky but because of the closing times being longer it might be a blurry picture. You can use the auto settings, I did before I got passionate with photography, and in most cases it gives the best effect. The photos I'm going to show are from my travels with a digital camera on the auto settings. No shame there...

Sunset, Cottesloe beach, Perth WA

Sunset, On a ferry coming back from Rottnest Island, WA. 

Sunset, Badlands NP, USA

Sunset, Yellowstone NP, USA

Sunset, Key West, USA

Sunset Arches NP, USA

Sunrise, Canyonlands NP, USA

Sunrise, Grand Canyon NP, USA

Sunset, San Diego, USA

Sunrise, Grand Canyon NP, USA

Sunrise, Monument Valley, USA

Sunset, on a cruise to the Bahamas, USA


Enjoy Photography

Caroline

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten