Welcome

Welcome

zondag 1 februari 2015

Market day

I love going to markets. Every weekend there is a market in Antwerp. The market is full of different cultures and there is a good mix of market stalls. I have a few favorite stalls where I love buying produce that are not yet in the supermarkets. I should go more often but there is always something else to do.  So I was very happy when my photo group went to the market in September. It was a special thing to do taking photos from a place a know so well. Since I was a little girl the market has changed a lot. New cultures added new stalls where you can get the best Turkish and Moroccan food. The aromas from those stalls mixed in with the more traditional stalls, give you the feeling that you are travelling but then in your own city.

With a camera in my hand I looked at things differently. The colors of the fruit and vegetables popped against the concrete surface. People carrying bags and bags full of food. There is a buzz on the market that I wanted to caption in my photos. Everybody is doing something. I felt an outsider looking in a magical world of buying and selling. You stand still when everybody around you is moving. It was a very fun experience. I was happy going back in November together with some people of my group. It was still an overwhelming sensation even though I knew what to expect.

The first time I want the sky was dull and the second time the sun was out. Every time I shoot in black and white. Some of the photos I want to show I changed it back to color. This way the beautiful colors of the fruit and vegetables are visible and the give something extra to the photo. I played a little with one photo in Photoshop. I added some color on a black and white photo. All of the photos except one is shot with my ISO on 200. On the sunny day my diaphragm was F/10 and on the first day my diaphragm was F/8. Closing times vary depended on the amount of light I had. So here they are, my photos.


















Enjoy Photography


Caroline  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten