Welcome

Welcome

woensdag 25 februari 2015

Along the highway

Normally driving an a highway you are not looking at the surroundings but you are watching the road and the other cars. As a passenger you have the opportunity to look around you and see the world passing by. During my road trips in the USA it was my favorite thing to do in the van. While the others were sleeping or reading (my second favorite thing) I was looking around and taking pictures of the scenery. Not that the others were sleeping all the time so there were moments that we all took photos from the breathtaking landscapes and city lines. But it seems that we only notice where we are when we are not in our homeland. At home everything is seen before en everything becomes blasé or jaded.

As a photographer you need to be able to step out of the norm and look past the jaded thoughts about our home and make photos that impress the locals. So ourselves included. I know we have beautiful cities and jaw dropping landscapes. But I never saw the area around our highways as beautiful. I never would have guessed I could take a gorgeous photo of that landscape. But you can. Driving to the coast I was looking at my surroundings with new eyes. There are a lot of farms and forests next to the highway. I didn't have my camera in the car, bummer. So when it was time to go home  I took my camera with me. On the highway I started taking photos until we were almost home.

Because of the speed of the car I had to put my shutter time very high to frees the image. My diaphragm was closed enough to get a good dept of field. So my ISO went up, certainly when it became dark. The photos were made with my 18-55mm lens.

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 







Enjoy Photography


Caroline 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten