Welcome

Welcome

donderdag 11 december 2014

Fieldtrip inspiration: I wanna do that too!

When you go on a fieldtrip it's to learn but also to get inspired. Seeing what other photographers do and how they do it makes me want  to do the same things. I know I'm not there yet, far from it. But dreaming inspirers me to work hard on my photography. However... Reality can hit hard too when you're dreaming. The cameras, the lenses and all the accessories make me salivate Homer Simpson style, no joke. The trips, the place and the experiences the photographers have makes my travel virus envois and jealous. In day to day live I'm neither.

Next to the fact that I wanna do that too is that I wanna have that too. I dream of those cameras, lenses and accessories. But I do know it will be a long term thing to have everything that I want and I'm ok with that. I long for the trips, the places and the once in a lifetime experiences. However doing a project like that is hard work, years of planning and looking for funding. The trick is knowing people that know people. That's the trick of life I guess. But dreaming and getting inspired is a life trick too, and that I can and I am.

So in my inspired dreams I went to look for photos that I made during my travels, daytrips and  workshops. Photos that I can place in the eight categories of the contest European wildlife photographer of the year. I interpreted the categories in my own way, that's why its called inspiration. The wildlife is shot in the wild except for the underwater category. I don't have an underwater camera. My travels and daytrips where accompanied with a small digital camera. And no not that little red thing I showed you. I started travelling in 2009 and since then I had 2 digital cameras before that little red thing. Only the workshops were with that red camera.

I forgot to mention that the photo's I saw during my fieldtrip are photo's that are altered with Photoshop and Lightroom.  They were also displayed with lighting from the back and glass before the photo. This way the colors where extra bright and the photo got something extra. I enhanced  the colors of my photos too, just to make them stronger. I cropped some photos also so the composition is better. I hope you like them.

                                    1. Underwater

Photo made in the Antwerp zoo during the zoo workshop. I love the shark
swimming by together with the background.

Also made in the Antwerp zoo during the same workshop. With this one
you question who is looking at who. Yes, that fish was eyeballing me.

Made in Perth WA. Claire the lovely lady I staid with brought me to the aquariums.
Beautiful fish, it looks like they are talking.


2. Plants and fungus



In Yellowstone NP. The yellow, orange and brown colors are caused by
thermophiles - heat loving microorganisms.
Ostend beach Belgium. The pillars are full with seaweed, clams and moss.

Also in Yellowstone NP. A meadow flower in the sun. It was such a beautiful day.


3. Animals
Al shot in Yellowstone NP, what can I say. One of my favorite NP.
 After a day looking for black bears and one dear's ass
hilariously  mistaken for a black bear we actually saw one.
We were mesmerized.
A moose. Even more elusive then the black bear. We were in Yellowstone
for 4 days and 3 nights we saw this one in our last hour there.
The chipmunks, a typical site in the USA, but so cute.  
 4. Birds



 An other one for Yellowstone NP.
An eagle, the Royal of my birds.


Made during my trip to WA. We were at the Donnelly river on a small
chalet holiday park. These parrots were everywhere.
So beautifully sitting in his tree overlooking the site.    
 
Ostend beach Belgium. A seagull ready for lift of.


5. Other animals
Creepy crawlers



A butterfly on a pink flower. You can see the movement of the
wings on the photo.
Not my favorite creepy crawler. Still in his own environment
it sort of beautiful


A furry bumblebee on a yellow flower. Made during my workshop in the
botanic garden of Antwerp. If you watch carefully you can see the
lining on the wings
  6. Landscapes 

Yellowstone NP. The waterfall gives the photo a sense of depth.  
Last one of Yellowstone NP. A smaller geyser
erupting. The sky and the smoke gives
the photo drama.
 
Red Canyon NP. No words necessary.

7. Humans and Nature
I think this one cruel to nature and animals some of the times
and other times this combo helps nature and animals.
So no abuse only love, please.


San Diego SeaWorld. It's fun and the audience loves it. At least they treat
there animals right.
San Diego SeaWorld. A killer wale doing his tricks. Liked the show,
the trainers give good info en educate the people. I feel sorry for the killer wale.
Monument Valley, The Navajo's showing there home to us. And what
a home it is...

8. Nature's studio



Arches NP during a sunset. Nature carved the arch out of a rock.
A true sculptor.
 
The roots of a fallen tree. It's a masterpiece by nature itself.

 During my botanic garden workshop in Antwerp. Playing with my camera.



Enjoy Photography
Caroline 





4 opmerkingen:

  1. I like the pictures and wish you good luck with the blog. Keep the good pictures coming.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Can we post this blog on facebook. I would like to support a starting photographer, it is a great but hard job.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Yes ofcourse you can, thank you so much.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen