Welcome

Welcome

donderdag 25 december 2014

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree

I'm not the one to send out Christmas cards. I feel that Christmas is a personal thing. Some people love getting those cards and for others it's a reminder that the holidays are coming. I know a couple of people that want to skip this festive season and press fast forward. So I don't want to rub anything in somebody's face. So I keep it with a Like on facebook when someone sends some Christmas Love into the world. Personally I like getting cards, I smile when I get them and it makes my day. I'm just not the one to send them. Maybe that is because my Christmases weren't all good. In my childhood, and with that I mean before I was 6, I loved them. It was a massive family gathering with good food and lots of presents. After that it went downhill. No more massive family and different new men in my moms life made the magic disappear. The good food staid and during my childhood the presents did too but it wasn't the same anymore. Now it's ok, I make the food now so I know it's good but no more presents. For me Christmas is also the time of melancholia and reminiscing. There is always a small itch in my heart, something that makes me think about my Christmas past. The fights, the tears and times of fear and stress come back. A lot of Christmases I was sick too. I had the flu or a cold. But there were times it was more severe and it was Christmas and new year and even my birthday too in a hospital bed.  

Still next to all that I still love Christmas. I can't wait for the time that I'm married with kids so I can bring the magic back. But now to, in this dark wintery world (in some places of the world) it brings light. That is why the Jews have Hanukkah (Chanoeka) the feast of the light. The lights and Christmas ornaments are beautiful in my eyes. And when I'm in the mood it brings me back to the Christmases before I was 6. People are more forgiving now, they are sweeter and more likeable. Well in some cases people are, because Christmas can give a lot of stress too. Buying the right presents. Getting all the food in the world to have the most elaborate feast and cooking it. And not to forget, the hardest thing for a woman to do, choosing what to wear.

Now matter what happened on Christmas or however I felt about Christmas on that time, there was one consistency and that was a Christmas tree. Put up around my moms birthday and taken down before mine. Like I said I love the ornaments and I have a lot of different ones in my tree. Some are souvenirs like the wooden ones are form the USA, the little shoes are from London and the little clog is from the Nederland's. And because this is still a blog about photography I took some photos off the different ornaments I have in my tree and a photo of the whole tree. The souvenirs we bought in London we putted underneath it. So please take these photos as my Christmas cards for the ones who love them. I wish you all a very merry Christmas and the best of luck. For the ones who just want to forget the whole thing. I know... It's hard...  But it's over soon.



















Enjoy Photography
and
Happy Holidays
Merry Christmas

Caroline  


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten