Welcome

Welcome

woensdag 3 december 2014

The colors of fall are almost gone

It's almost winter time. The weather is getting colder. The days are getting shorter and the last colors of fall are fading away. I'm not a girl made for the cold. I can deal with fall, definitely when it's a fall like the one we just had. A fall with pretty good temperatures. Beautiful sunshine that hits the changing colors of the trees. The world had a golden glow this fall, it warms my heart. I don't want to think about winter just yet. Dark months, freezing cold, no daylight and people getting more and more depressed. Don't get me wrong, I do see the beauty in winter when everything is white and looking like a winter wonderland. Drinking coffee (are hot chocolate for others) before a open fire. I do get the romantic side of winter. But when the snow is melting and it's turning gray in stead of white. And when the roads are getting slippery and dangerous. I'm done with winter.  I know it's strange coming from a girl that's born in winter, during a snow storm. Or maybe that's why I long for warmth.

I just wanted to reminisce for a while. That's why I wanted to show you my fall photos I took a couple of weeks back. I went to fort 3 in Borsbeek, my home town. It's one of the eight forts of the ramparts build by captain Henri Alexis Brialmont in 1860 - 1864. It was the first one they build and the only one with the original design.  I don't know a lot of history, but it's a nice little fact. The building is not open for public but the area around it, is. It's used for recreational purposes and it's the place in Borsbeek for a walk in nature. I'm really lucky because on the other side from where I live there is an other fort, fort 2 of Wommelgem, this one is open for the public.

Right my photos. I took them in the afternoon. In the beginning the light was to hard so I concentrated on the areas with the most shade. Later when the sun began to set it was possible to take some photos with to golden sun. I took these photos with my 50mm lens. It's a different kind of photography. While using a 50mm lens you focus on the details more. I like to play around with sharpness and focus. All photos are shot with ISO 100, but I did changed the diaphragm and closing time.


F/8 - 1/125s

F/7,1 - 1/60s


F/6,3 - 1/50s

F/6,3 - 1/20s

F/8 - 1/50s

F/8 - 1/50s

F/6,3 - 1/60s

F/6,3 - 1/40s

F/8 - 1/125s

F/14 - 1/250s

F/7,1 - 1/50s












Enjoy Photography
Caroline

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten