Welcome

Welcome

maandag 15 december 2014

Light in the dark

The sun got up this morning at around 8:38pm and will set tonight at around 16:37am. That means we will see sunlight for 8 hours today, and one precious minute to be exact. That sunlight will be dull and gray. We won't see the sun today, no bright blue sky and no golden ball hanging in it. I hope we get some days like that. Maybe freezing cold but still we'll get some sunlight then. But today we won't feel awake. So until that freezing cold day with steal blue sky comes up. Or until the days get longer and we will get more sunlight. We need to get our light somewhere else. We need a light in the dark. A light that reminds us that we are alive. A light that will bring the light back into our hearts, warms us up and makes us smile. So I'm going to try to give you that light in my photos.

I saved myself from being a cough potato again. I went out with my camera and tripod in Antwerp, in and around central station again. I didn't go to the China Lights festival but I have some photos of the little teasers. I wanted to see if I could make photos at night without my tripod. Weird right, a brought my tripod to test that I won't need it. Well I didn't want to ruin my night if it didn't work. But it worked, so me happy. Now I don't need to take my tripod on my trip to London (leaving tomorrow, yeah). With that I did make myself a liar in my post stars and city lights. Woops! It's not that what I said is not true, it is. There are just more ways to make photos in the dark. 

Now most of my photos are taken with a high ISO of 1600. To eliminate the risk of image noise the closing time needs to be shorter. That is why I could take photos freehand so without a tripod. From closing times longer then 1/20s you need a tripod. Some photographers will disagree and say that 1/20s is already to long for free hand. But I say it's poetic freedom for photography. The last thing I did was playing with my diaphragm. Higher ISO means a smaller diaphragm number, so a larger diaphragm opening. With all those numbers I need to think about if I want to over or under light my photo and what mood I want to set. So during taking the photos I play with the numbers a lot. I do that too because I'm still learning, just being honest. So here they are my photos to brighten and lighten up your day!

ISO 1600  F/8  1/125s

ISO 1600  F/5,6  1/20s

ISO 1600  F/4,5  1/160s


ISO 1600  F/5,6  1/200s

ISO 1600  F/5,6  1/125s


ISO 100  F/16  10s

ISO 100  F/14  1/8s

ISO 1600  F/6,3  1/80s

ISO 1600  F/8  1/160s
 
ISO 400   F/8  1/125s

ISO 400  F/8  1/125s

ISO 400   F/8  1/30s

ISO 1600   F/5,6  1/80s

ISO 1600  F/5,6  1/20s

ISO 1600   F/5,6  1/200s






Enjoy Photography
Caroline



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten