Welcome

Welcome

vrijdag 19 december 2014

Say Cheese!!!

Looking through my travel photos for my post fieldtrip inspiration: I wanna do that too! I started to think what an amazing time I had on the road. I went to the USA 3 times on 4 different road trips with 4 different groups. Being in those groups during the road tripd was amazing. Yes, we didn't see eye to eye every time and there where times of tension and ups and downs. However I can honestly say I miss every single person on those trips. You share memories, inside jokes and pranks. You share conversations, tears and laughter. You share places and photos. Photos of the places, each other and of the whole group. Those group photos are worth a million dollars or euros in my eyes. Some are serious and some are fun. In group photos you can see the dynamic of the group but also the place you share. They make me smile even when I look terrible in them. I love them.

My roadtrips I did with Intrepid and Trekamerica . Because of them I had the opportunity to meet people from all over the world. I traveled with people from the USA (mostly the group leaders), the UK, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, South - Korea and Australia. I always was the only Belgian. Totally random. In some groups I was stuck between the English and the Germans, just like Belgium does. However the different nationalities allowed us to get to know each others culture. That wasn't always easy but it was always interesting and you learn a lot from other cultures. But all that miscommunication and misunderstanding didn't matter standing on a spectacular site. Looking into each others eyes we got what the other one was feeling. You felt the same way.

A good group photo is hard to make. The easiest and quickest thing is a line-up, when the background is beautiful the photo doesn't need more. On a photo like a group picture it's sometimes fun to change it up. High and low, funny faces and climbing up rocks and so on, give the photo something extra. An other thing with group photos is who is going to take it. Your group leader, yes sometimes, but is fun to have them in the photo too. Maybe ask someone else, a stranger. Then of course the quality is in there hands and it can take a while for somebody to say 'Yes, I'll take your picture'. And one time you get lucky and a guy comes up and tells you that he took your group photo because his kids found your group inspirational.

So here they are my group photos. I'm not going to credit them, some are shared on facebook and I didn't take any of them. Please have respect, they are private and I want to show you that's all. 

First group in Pfeiffer Beach

Monument Valley

Canyon Lands

Redwood NP.
Second group don't remember with lake this was

 
In a hostel in Chicago

Third group Redwood NP

Campsite nearby MT St. Helens


Van shot before a Wallmart

Fourth and last group, Hostel Miami

New Orleans

The lucky one at Grand Canyon

Arches NP

Arches NP
 
 
 
Enjoy Photography
Caroline
 
 
P.S.: Photos of my trip to London are coming next!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten